PLANO, TX - J. C. Penney Company, Inc. has announced that they are expanding their Findmore Interactive Smart displays to more than 120 additional stores across the United States. Additionally, in conjunction with the launch of JCPenney's Modern Bride concept, the Company will begin rolling out the findmore experience using iPad to 50 fine jewelry departments.
These new initiatives are part of JCPenney's overall findmore strategy which encourages store associates and customers—whether using the fixture, iPad, jcp.com enabled point-of-sale register or in-store marketing pieces—to "find more" by providing access to the expanded assortments and product information available on jcp.com. Having access to jcp.com in the store ensures that customers find what they are looking for when they visit a JCPenney store and also serves as an associate selling and education tool, allowing store associates to deliver exceptional customer service.
"We've always seen the value of integrating the online and in-store shopping experience offering customers the opportunity to have access to a greater merchandise selection by offering access to online purchases in the stores," said Tom Nealon, group executive vice president of JCPenney. "Offering an in-store digital experience that drives additional sales is a true differentiator for JCPenney, and continues to build on our leadership in the digital space as we merge our online and in-store shopping experiences.
JCPenny Expands Findmore Interactive Smart Displays to More Than 120 Additional StoresWith the findmore fixture, JCPenney is able to take its digital platform directly into the store. More than just a kiosk linking store users to jcp.com's 250,000 online products, the 42-inch touchscreen findmore smart fixture provides a unique, interactive digital experience that naturally fits into the store. Serving as an anchor for the merchandise department, the fixture elevates the in-store shopping experience, allowing users to:
• View jcp.com's vast assortment of merchandise and "find more" sizes, colors, styles and items not available — or out of stock — in the store.
• Experience the power of jcp.com in-store, with strong, interactive, media-rich editorial content, such as jcp.com's Little Red Book experience, which highlights key seasonal women's trends.
• Check the availability of merchandise in-store or nearby stores.
• E-mail images and information about an online item to themselves or a friend.
• Use 360 degree views and zoom features to see all details of a product.
• Scan the barcode of an in-store item to learn more about the product's features, additional colors and sizes available, and even washing instructions. The findmore fixture will also provide product recommendations for complementary items (ex. A customer scans a pair of pants and the findmore fixture will suggest tops and accessories to go with it).
• View items and outfits and add them to an online "dressing room." The customer can then print out a page listing the items, locate the items in the store and try them on.
• Purchase online items from the findmore fixture and have them shipped to their home. Items can also be shipped for free to the local JCPenney store. Additionally, customers can also print out a receipt and purchase an online item at an in-store register, with the rest of their in-store purchases.
JCPenny's Findmore Experience Launched On iPad:
JCPenney is also bringing its findmore strategy to the Fine Jewelry department with a smaller, hand held concept using the revolutionary iPad. Fine Jewelry associates will be able to use iPad to showcase JCPenney's full offering of bridal fine jewelry collections for customers — highlighting a variety of styles, cuts, sizes and metal options — all available under the Company's new Modern Bride concept. Incorporating features from the Modern Bride™ experience on jcp.com, the iPad app will include a notebook feature that allows users to add rings to a virtual notebook, where they can compare ring features side by side.
JCPenney's findmore experiences are part of its overall investment in its digital platform, which also includes jcp.com, as well as its social and mobile initiatives. The Company's commitment to technology innovation continues to deliver new opportunities to connect with its customers.